When we got back to the car, Fay began hitting kimball so I grabbed her arm a little too aggressively and hurt her. That made her even more upset with me so she slumped in her booster seat arms folded and scowling. We stopped for gas and while I was waiting for the tank to fill I peered in through the tinted window and gave her the "i love you" sign. She put both hands up and crossed her index fingers to make an X and glared at me. Getting back into the car...
Fay: Do you know what sign that was, Mom?
Mom: An X?
Fay: Do you know what that means?
Mom: That you love me X-tra much... Thank you Fay, that makes me so happy!
Fay: Humph! (Arms crossed and still scowling)
A few moments of silence...
Fay: Mom, I want to love you extra much but you hurt me... on purpose!
Another moment of silence...
Fay: Did that make you feel good to hurt me!?!
Oh, boy... Its going to take me a while to live that one down.
8 comments:
Well I hope you learned your lesson! hahaha
Wow, she knows how to make a person feel condemned! I think all of us mothers have experienced this "mean mom" scenario. It sure is a lot funnier when it is not your own child.
haha oh man that is funny. Oh and I wanted to let you know that I probably wont be coming to Utah until late august or early september just thought I would keep you posted
Keep it up and soon u will be the meanest mom in the whole state!
jacob recently told me i was only going to place 3rd in the meanest mom contest - that leaves room at the top! loves.
You can't win can you!
I think I already have most of the top spots taken.
Holy Smokes, Mandy! You are going to have your hands full with that one. She reminds me of the manipulative tricks I used to play on my mom to make her feel guilty...when I was about 12! Yikes! I really can't wait to be with you at the reunion! Love you!
That last one was me, Katie
Post a Comment