Alas, the day ends as it began - me at the computer and everyone else sleeping. Except, it was actually Fay that awoke me with her coughing at 3:30am. When she refused medicine I slipped it into her milk but she returned it (used) during a coughing spell. She went back to sleep after I changed the bedding and cleaned the mattress - but I, yes I, went to the gym to burn calories - which is a good thing since I'm rather enjoying this dish of ice cream.
Mitch has been working long hours so when the Relief Society president was apologetic about me coming to the board mtg since I'm already in primary - I assured her there was no need to feel bad. I told Mitch I would be home around 11pm because I wanted to see if there were any other shut-ins who wanted to go get ice cream. No takers so I had to dish up my own at home.
I'm making friends slowly but I've been spoiled for so long to have all you wonderful people in my life - in person, not just blogging. So I'm grateful to all of you because you really make my day over and over again - when I read your blogs and sympathize or laugh or adore the pictures of you and/or your children - and hence, the reason my day began and ended at the computer. Its good for me to have daily reminders of the blessing of friends. Thank you to my dear friends and family that I love so much!
8 years ago
5 comments:
I completely agree with about how blessed I am to have friends and family to make my day. Isn't it great! Blogging has been such a great way to stay connected.
I also agree with the comment you made on my blog about how fun it would be to get Gage and Fay together! It would be a riot I am sure!
I love blogging! probably too much since I do way too much of it. But it is fun 2 be involved in the minutia of my friends and families lives without bothering them with long phone conversations or visits!
And its always fun to write things about myself! Its one of my favorite subjects. And all my mother friends get to talk about their kids, one of their favorite subjects. Its a win-win situation.
Keep the pictures/videos coming!
I'm sorry that it is taking so long to make friends in your ward. Being in the Primary makes it harder sometimes I think. I can't believe that no one would take you up in the ice cream thing? Caz I sure would! I find that it is hard to find people in the same spot in life as me with just little kids at home. Most here have older children and seem to be busy running here and there when all I need is just to get out of the house once in a while.
And yes, thank goodness for the computer so that I can stay connected to my family and friends. And it is free!!
You are an awesome Mom Mandy!
Being a mom can sometimes be lonely. Yes, I know I am doing just what I'm supposed to be doing and I am glad I can do it with Donald's support but I understand.
I have one good friend with little kids just like me so that makes it a little easier. But I have to say that I would much prefer to be close to family (how perfect would it be for Bethany, Ruthie, Emma, and Fay to grow up together) or some of my friends who have moved away. I think we are more friends because of the kids and less because of us. Does that even make sense?
What I find works for me is my internet friends and making sure I get a little alone time. Sometimes it is just a bath but it helps recharge me to make me a better mom.
I love doing my blog, I don't care if anyone reads it. I love keeping up with others but it sometimes makes phone calls even more awkward because all the exciting stuff you would have discussed is already on your blog...
Sorry to write a novel.
Love ya,
Anissa
I'm glad I get to read your blog and see whats going on and get to "watch" your kids as I miss seeing them IRL. I know you will find friends, and lots of them, cause of who you are! Hope you have a GREAT day and get plenty of ice cream therapy.
Post a Comment